Delilah Delish Dates and Dishes

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh, Oh, Delilah!

A few years ago I used to write a column that was very fun to write, but that I pretty much felt was putting me on a slippery slope to hell. I wrote a column called Delilah Delish: Date and Dine where I reviewed both the restaurant and the date. I'd been doing a fair amount of silly, useless internet dating that had, for the most part, been an awful waste of time. So I thought I'd be able to recoup some of my loss with a $50 a week column. Then I never got paid. Only 4 were published:
Cruise Room
Sushi Uokura
Cuba Cuba
and
The Keg Steakhouse
though I wrote 5. I held the last one over their heads demanding payment that never came. The paper folded just a few months later.

I tried to "protect the innocent" by mixing up details and changing the names. But it still felt kind of dirty. Most of the guys were just kind of lame, not harmful or mean. They were just looking for love and unfortunately met judgemental and picky ol' me.

So I left Delilah behind, pulling her out as a fun story about my alter-ego. However, recently I started internet dating again, and it seems like it might be time to bring her out again. Even if it's just for my own amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home