Delilah Delish Dates and Dishes

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Airtroductions!

This morning on NPR I heard a story about Airtroductions, the newest (brilliant) idea in the wide, wide world of internet dating. So I, of course had to sign up.

Honestly I love sleeping on planes. I purposely pick the window seat on early or late flights so I can lean against the wall and not subject my fellow passengers to my fly-catching gaping mouth, my drooling and my snores. And I don't want to be woken up if they have to 'Move about the cabin' for any reason. However, I like the novelty of the idea of 'airdating' and I've got 2 trips coming up in Feb., so I figured, "Why not?" My SF trip has a plane change coming and going, so I figured with 6 flights total, my chances of finding a hot seat mate were pretty good.

I filled out the form, posted a picture that was purposely cute, but not too sexy, wrote a few words to sound friendly and interesting, and I waited for my email to be verified.

Once I was in, I posted my flights and then asked Airtroductions to 'Match me'. I was initially excited about the long list of people it pulled up- until I realized that all but one (a straight female- so not even any hot lesbo action possibilities) were just scheduled to be in the airport when I'm there, and not actually on any of my flights.

Maybe the NPR story will spread and by next week I'll be able to find myself an Airdate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home